Professional Custom Programs are recommended for groups of university students or post graduates interested in further exploring a specific discipline, and for groups of professionals in a particular field looking to develop knowledge and skills for success in their workplace.
Some of our clients have included:
- Graduate engineering students from France interested in global management and manufacturing
- Business executives from Brazil interested in furthering their MBA education
- University deans and administrators from China interested in observing best practices for university management and operations
- Defense ministry personnel from Thailand interested in developing a better understanding of strategic management
Whether it’s an off-the-shelf program or a custom program, you can be sure we will deliver a learning experience that meets your group’s exact needs.
Here is a partial listing of the training areas available:
- Business Communications
- Business Management
- Fashion Design
- Financial Management and Services
- Food Development and Safety
- Global Manufacturing
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources Development
- Project Management
- Retail Management
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability Leadership
- University Management and Operations
Our comprehensive four-step process
- Needs Assessment
The Custom Program Manager will review your completed Request for Proposal Form and contact you with any questions about the objectives of the requested program, program components you would like included, etc.
- Program Design
The Custom Program Manager will develop a program calendar and pricing with your needs in mind. Once you agree on a price, we will prepare a contract agreement for your signature and begin securing program elements such as instructors, classrooms, etc. The Custom Program Manager will contact you regularly to communicate progress on the program’s design
- Program Implementation
The Custom Program Team will be there throughout your program to make sure things run smoothly. The Custom Program Manager will meet with you at least once during the program to discuss program logistics and how best to address participant needs
- Program Evaluation
The Custom Program Team will ask you and your group members to provide feedback through an evaluation form. The Custom Program Team uses the feedback you provide to make any needed improvements for future programs
Our Custom Program process ensures you achieve total satisfaction. We focus on your organizational resources, participant profile, current skill set, and expected outcomes to deliver a program that meets your expectations.
Depending on your training requirements, Custom Programs can include one or more of the following types of program components:
- Lectures – Classroom instruction led by one of our UCI instructors
- Case Studies – Students work in groups on a problem-solving exercise; a case study is a great way for students to apply what they have learned in lectures to real-world scenarios
- Projects or Exams – Assessment tools used to gauge student acquisition of knowledge and skills during the program; these components can be stand-alone assessments or cumulative assessments
- Guest Speakers – Representatives from area companies or organizations present and lead a classroom session
- Panel Discussions – A group of instructors or guest speakers providing a variety of perspectives on a topic or issue
- Field Trips – Group visits to local companies or institutions where students can observe classroom learning implemented in the field
- Cultural Activities – Group visits to area attractions, including local beaches, museums, amusement parks, and shopping malls
Once we have an idea of your desired program topic and the goals for your learning experience, we can consider what program components would best meet the needs of your group.