All UC Irvine Continuing Education students are required to have health insurance during their studies in the United States. All students are charged for UCI health insurance unless a Health Insurance Waiver is submitted.
UCI health insurance does not begin until the first day of the program. We highly recommend that you purchase UCI health insurance. However, if you have your own private insurance that meets the minimum requirements below, you can waive the UCI health insurance fee. To waive UCI health insurance, you must complete our Health Insurance Waiver and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the minimum required coverages for your private health insurance plan:
- Unlimited benefit per Policy Year
- The deductible is no more than $300 for in-network and out-of-network combined per Policy Year
- $50,000 Minimum coverage for Medical Evacuation Expenses to your home country if necessary
- $25,000 Minimum coverage for Repatriation of Remains to your home country in case of death
Health & Wellness Advising
Whether you are studying in Southern California or in your home country, it is important to focus on your health and well-being. At UCI DCE, our students’ health and wellness is our #1 priority. If you have any concerns, please contact your Student Wellness and Support Advisor, Mike Sciarappa. We are here to help you succeed!
- Your personal well-being and wellness
- Mental Health Housing or Financial Concerns
- UCI Health Insurance
- Assistance with receiving Medical Care