Data Science & Data Analytics for Business Track
Minimum 12 units to meet the full-time requirement each quarter
|FOUNDATIONAL COURSE LIST:
CONCENTRATION COURSE LIST:
Frequently Asked Questions
This track is exclusively for students of our university partners that have an agreement with UCI Division of Continuing Education. Any independent student who is interested in this track can contact STAR@ce.uci.edu to inquire about their eligibilty.
In addition to being a student whose home university has a partnership with UCI DCE, you, as an applicant, must provide the following documents:
- The completed Graduate STAR 3+1+1 application with a non-refundable $200 application fee. The application fee must be paid within 7 days upon our office’s receipt of your application to be processed; otherwise, the application may automatically be canceled.
- Has received or eligible to receive a diploma from the current or last attended college / university upon the completion Graduate STAR 3+1+1 Track
- Copies of all of your current official academic transcripts to prove your completion of at least three years of college education and to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree, provide a copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Documentation for any educational gap since the start of university/college attendance must be supported with explanations and evidence
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|CEFR:||B2, C1, C2|
|ELS Language Centers||Level 112|
|GRE (Verbal score)||150|
|Kaplan International||Higher intermediate|
|Paper-based TOEFL:||530 or 17 on each section|
|DCE 10-Week ESL||Level 6|
- TOEFL iBT MyBest Scores, Special Home Edition, Essentials and IELTS Indicator will be accepted as long as all exams were taken within the past two years.
- To send an official TOEFL or IELTS test score, please select the institution code B166.
English Requirement Exemption:
- You have attended a high school for at least 3 years where English is the main language of instruction, or
- You have obtained a recognized undergraduate or master’s degree from an institution at which English was the sole language of instruction
Students who have undergraduate majors in STEM and whose GPAs are at least 3.2 will receive priority acceptance consideration and pre-assessment for their intended graduate program
Our program entry requirements and English exemption are not the same as any other programs at UCI.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to STAR. Applicants who are not accepted into STAR by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online Graduate STAR 3+1+1 application and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into STAR, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the STAR registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to STAR within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. You will also need to submit copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meet our financial requirements for I-20 issuance. If you are applying as a transfer-in from another US institution, you will also need to submit a completed Transfer Evaluation Form.
- After you have signed the acknowledgment form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and STAR has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
UCI DCE is committed to serving diverse students from all backgrounds. UCI Division of Continuing Education is committed to serving students from all diverse backgrounds. While the acceptance preference will be given to students who have met our minimum acceptance requirements, we recognize individual circumstances and offer comprehensive review of every applicant. Thus, students who do not meet our minimum acceptance requirements are still encouraged to apply. It is important that students provide additional information (e.g., resume, community service, awards and achievements, and extra-curricular classes and activities.) to demonstrate their unique circumstances.
Current university students should check with their universities about accepting courses and units from the STAR 3+1+1 track.
Every graduate admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in STAR. The STAR 3+1+1 track offers UCI credit-bearing courses. Please know that enrollment in UCI courses is on a space-available basis with permission of the course instructor and/or department.
Below are key selection criteria are taken into consideration for program advancing
- Score at least 85% in every CE or P/NP class offered by your program
- Maintain a B average or Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Comply with the program policies (e.g., in good academic standing) at all times
- Meet the minimum English and other program requirements stated in the Entry Acceptance Requirements
Students who meet the above key selection criteria are expected to follow the program curriculum or their designed study plan. When students fail to meet the above key selection criteria, our academic advisors will provide alternative academic preparation courses to assist the student in making progress and maintaining their full-time status.
Program Completion clearance will not be granted for a student with an outstanding debt to UCI DCE, or any outstanding misconduct charges, or unsatisfactory completion of all program requirements.
Yes. Minimum full-time requirement is 12 units each quarter. F-1 student visa is required for students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to study in this program on UCI campus.
The tuition for 9 months is $29,800 USD. Also, students are required to pay a $250 Student Services Fee and to purchase a valid health insurance plan that meets the University's coverage requirements.
Recommended Graduate Programs for Science & Technology at UCI
Please know that these graduate programs have different application deadlines, and the Grad STAR students are required to submit their applications by the deadlines.
Students can choose to apply to our partner graduate schools and additional graduate schools in the U.S. during their STAR studies.
Funding is currently not available for students who are enrolled in our program. However, students may find any financial assistance opportunities by contacting the consulates in their home countries. There are also scholarship websites available: IEFA, International Scholarships, International Student.
Yes. Please visit Student Life for more information.
Please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: Participating in STAR is not a guarantee of admission to UCI or any other university. Admission to these programs is controlled by that institution's policies and admission standards. Information about STAR should be referred to this official program website.
9-month tuition: $32,000 USD
Approximate total cost for 9 months: $54,000, excludes airfare
UPCOMING START DATES
|Summer 2023||Jun 21 (Data Science Only)|
|Fall 2023||Sep 20|
|Summer 2024||Jun 19 (Data Science Only)|