Do you have what it takes to write an A+ academic essay? Or how about mastering the often tricky tenses and grammatical exceptions of the English language?
UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education hosts a number of free English language courses on Coursera, an education company that partners with top universities and organizations to offer free online courses.
BONUS: For an additional fee, Coursera will issue a Certificate of completion for each course or Specialization completed.
- Academic English: Writing
- Master Intermediate Grammar
- Advanced Grammar and Punctuation
- Advanced Academic Speaking and Listening
- Teaching English: Intermediate Grammar
- The Pronunciation of American English
All of the following courses are available for free if taken on a standalone basis. Courses can be taken as part of a Specialization for an additional cost (see above).
- Academic Discussions in English
- Academic Listening and Note-Taking
- Adjectives and Adjective Clauses (Master Intermediate Grammar)
- Advanced Writing (Academic English: Writing)
- Conjunctions, Connectives, and Adverb Clauses
- Consonants of American English Pronunciation
- Getting Started With Essay Writing (Academic English: Writing)
- Grammar and Punctuation (Academic English: Writing)
- IELTS Preparation
- Introduction to Research for Essay Writing (Academic English: Writing)
- Noun Clauses and Conditionals
- Perfect Tenses and Modals (Master Intermediate Grammar)
- Speaking so that People Listen (Advanced Academic Speaking and Listening)
- Strategies for Teaching Perfect Tenses and Modals
- Teaching Tips for Tricky English Grammar
- Techniques for Teaching Adjectives and Adjective Clauses
- The Music of American English Pronunciation
- TOEFL Preparation
- Tricky American English Pronunciation
- Tricky English Grammar (Master Intermediate Grammar)
- Verb Tenses and Passives (Advanced Grammar and Punctuation)
- Vowels of American English Pronunciation
Note: UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s sequence of courses on Coursera are designed for learners with intermediate English skills. Students of all English proficiency levels who are seeking more in-depth preparation are encouraged to participate in our Intensive ESL program, located on UCI’s beautiful Southern California campus.