University of California, Irvine (UCI)
Nestled in one of the most beautiful, vibrant regions in Southern California, the University of California, Irvine is ranked the 7th best public university and best university under 50 years old in the United States. Since its founding in 1965, the university has continued to gain prestige for its superior academic programs and contributions to cutting-edge research. Its world-renowned reputation has also attracted faculty members from the top of their fields, including three Nobel Prize winners. Increasingly a first-choice campus for many students, UC Irvine prides itself as a center for quality education that fosters students’ passion and enthusiasm for knowledge.
Points of Pride
- Top 10 public university by U.S. News and World Report
- #1 best value by Forbes
- #1 best college by Money
- Top 10 cool school for sustainability for more than 10 years in a row by Sierra
- #2 for diversity by The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education
- Among the top 100 in the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Ranked 35th in the world according to the Shanghai Rankings
- Three UC Irvine researchers have earned Nobel Prizes: F. Sherwood Rowland and Irwin Rose in chemistry and Frederick Reines in physics
- More than 30 UCI graduate programs ranked in the nation's Top 50 by U.S. News & World Report
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
For more university facts and campus data, visit https://uci.edu/university-facts/index.php.
UCI Division of Continuing Education
UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education (DCE) was established in 1962 and has served the lifelong learning and career development needs of individuals, organizations, and the community on a local, regional, and global scale. Through a wide range of educational opportunities including certificate and specialized studies programs, short courses and strategic partnerships, we provide learning pathways for those seeking career advancement or personal enrichment. Today, we offer 80+ industry-relevant certificates and specialized studies programs on campus, online, and at corporate sites. We also serve as a gateway for our students to reach other UC Extensions and campus amenities such as the UCI Alumni Association and the Chancellor’s Club.
UCI International Programs
Since 1979, we have drawn on the considerable talents and resources of UC Irvine to provide students with university-level English language skills, academic preparation, and professional post-graduate knowledge to help them succeed in today’s competitive global environment.