Get the opportunity to work as a teacher in a real-world setting, take on workplace projects, earn academic credit, learn new skills and concepts, and make professional contacts!
Internships are unpaid positions lasting 10 weeks. TEFL Interns are paired with a Master Teacher in our Academic 10-Week ESL program and also participate in weekly Internship debriefings with an Internship Instructor. TEFL Interns can also participate in a variety of administrative-level tasks within International Programs for approximately 20-35 hours per week.
- Practice what you learned in your TEFL coursework in real English language teaching situations
- Develop your personal and professional teaching relationships and contacts as you are paired with a Master ESL Teacher throughout the entire program
- Improve communication skills and professional development
- Explore and develop career options
Step-By-Step Internship Process and Requirements
- Step 1: Receive internship information during the TEFL program and inform the TEFL Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org of your interest/intention to apply for the TEFL Internship.
- Step 2: Prove good academic standing by maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA during the ACP TEFL program
- Step 3: Begin your TEFL internship immediately after completing TEFL Certificate coursework