Gain the knowledge and skills required to take advantage of the next major shift in IoT development, from business processes to smart data-driven products and services. Students explore the tools, technologies, services, platforms, and languages used to create innovative connected devices.
UC Irvine’s 3-month post-graduate level Accelerated Certificate Program (ACP) in the Internet of Things (IoT) allows individuals to leverage this exciting digital transformation, understand the related technologies, and create solutions that focus on the benefits of simple interactivity and large-scale connectivity.
Course Delivery Format
Students can choose to take this course either on campus (beginning Fall 2021) or remotely. Students who choose to study remotely will receive the classroom instruction via state-of-the-art technology. Simply follow all the instructions to apply and make your selection for on-campus or remote study in Section 5 of the application.
Should I study on campus or remotely?
|On-campus Study||Remote Study|
- Explain different IoT technologies and their applications
- Design organic computing devices that sense perceive and react appropriately
- Utilize IoT standards for interoperability, machine-to-machine communication, and security
- Explain the basic functionality of the Arduino and Raspberry Pi hardware systems
- Understand how to secure and monitor the entire system of devices, the connectivity, and the information exchange, related network concepts including cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, and ZWave
- Examine the IoT of services that can change how you do business
- Build a cross-functional model for integrating business opportunities
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
Those who are looking to build IoT services, learn IoT concepts, and increase their career options or who seek to enter this growing field. Participants will increase their understanding of IoT technologies, applications, and business expansion.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship are the Resume Development and Interviewing Skills workshops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Certificate Tuition: $7,900
A 33% tuition discount will be applied for ACP remote study for the 2021-2022 academic year, through the spring 2022 quarter. If you continue remote study to a second ACP, you can receive a total of 50% tuition discount
A 25% tuition discount will be applied for ACP in-person study for the Fall 2021 quarter
Approximate Total Cost (before any discounts, excludes airfare): $14,100 USD
You can view all the tuition and fees rates on our Tuition and Fees page