Before you begin, please review our Registration Policies & Deadlines for applying to the STAR programs
Students who will require an F-1 student visa to study with us should keep in mind that current wait times at embassies around the world are much longer than average due to COVID-19 shut downs. Please keep this in mind and consider applying to study with us at least 10-12 weeks in advance of your program start. You can look up your nearest embassy and view their current wait times here.
- If you are applying for Undergraduate or Graduate STAR, please complete our online application here. Follow the Undergraduate STAR or Graduate STAR program's application process to complete your application.
- You must pay the non-refundable $200 application fee for your application to be processed. You may pay this fee when you complete your application online, or you will receive a follow-up email from DCE Student Services that asks you to pay the application fee through a secured electronic payment link.
- If you are transferring from another school in the United States, you must also upload copies of the following documents:
- Current I-20
- F-1 visa in your passport
- Photo/information page in your passport
- CBP admission stamp in your passport OR I-94 number retrieval record (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov).
- Once your application has been processed and you have been accepted, our office will contact you with the instructions for the next steps for preparing you to come to Southern California!
Please do not send credit card information, including your personal account number, expiration date, and security code, via email. The fastest way to process your payment is through online. If you are unable to make any payment online, we kindly ask that any forms or documents containing any credit card information be sent via phone, mail, or in-person only to ensure we are protecting sensitive credit card information.
To submit any additional documents that are required to complete your application, please email, mail, or fax your documents to:
Success Through Academics and Research (STAR) Programs
UCI Division of Continuing Education
510 E Peltason Dr
Irvine, CA 92697-5700
Chinese residents will receive application assistance from our international partner, Guangzhou Shi Jin Sheng Consulting (H.K.) Ltd, located in Guangzhou, China.