Before you begin:
- Please review our Registration Policies & Deadlines for applying to ESL/Certificate Programs.
- Students who will require an F-1 student visa to study with us should keep in mind that current wait times at embassies around the world are much longer than average due to COVID-19 shut downs. Please keep this in mind and consider applying to study with us at least 10-12 weeks in advance of your program start. You can look up your nearest embassy and view their current wait times here.
Here's a helpful video on how to apply to our programs:
- Complete the online ESL/Certificate Application, pay the $200 application fee, and upload a copy of the photo/information page of your passport.
- If you will need an I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa, you must also upload a bank statement dated within the past 6 months that shows funds available for the minimum amount required to study in the program to which you are applying. The bank statement must be in English and provide the balance amount in US Dollars.
Please note, if you are not the bank account holder for the bank statement provided, the bank account holder must complete the Statement of Financial Support Form.
N.B.: If you are applying to one of our ESL programs as a part-time student, under the Visa Information section, indicate that you do not need an I-20 and list your current visa status.
- If you are transferring from another school in the United States, you must also upload copies of the following documents:
a. copy of your current I-20
b. copy of your F-1 visa in your passport
c. copy of the photo/information page in your passport
d. copy of the CBP admission stamp in your passport OR I-94 number retrieval record (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov).
- Once your application has been processed and you have been accepted, we will send your I-20 along with our F-1 Visa Guide and Welcome Packet with directions for next steps and preparing to come to California!
You can also complete the PDF ESL/Certificate Application. If you are completing the PDF application, please do not send credit card information, including your personal account number, expiration date, and security code, via email. We kindly ask that any forms or documents containing any credit card information be sent via fax or mail or in person only to ensure we are protecting sensitive credit card information. Please email, mail, or fax your application and documents to:
UCI Division of Continuing Education
510 E Peltason Dr
Irvine, CA 92697-5700