Learn the foundations of international finance and the history and structure of international financial markets. You will discover the basic forces behind international investment flows and gain an understanding of the financial management techniques used by multinational firms. Determine the functions of foreign exchange spot trading, forward and derivatives transactions, and learn alternative financing and payment methods.
- Analyze and understand financial data from multinational companies
- Create and analyze financial models
- Examine international financial markets and develop investment strategies
- Develop effective financial risk management strategies
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
Students will be placed into a morning (9:00-12:00) or afternoon (13:00-16:00) schedule. Courses in the program are taken consecutively, completing one before proceeding to the next. Schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change. A final schedule will be provided on the first day of the program.