- Study at a Top 10 U.S. public university in the safest city in the US, as ranked by the FBI every year since 2005
- Learn from renowned UCI professors and accomplished professionals
- Access to abundant academic and campus resources at a leading research university
- Receive academic support and individualized advising
- Build your network through meaningful interactions with international and U.S. students, and UCI faculty and staff
- Choose the length of your program and have the flexibility to extend
- Earn transferrable course credit*
- Gain valuable knowledge and tips about adapting to life at UCI
- Participate in the social events and excursions with other international and American students
- Qualify for the Internship Program as an optional study plan to gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries
*final credit transfer is determined by student's current/future institution
To be accepted in the ASAP program, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The completed ASAP Application with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of your official academic transcripts showing completion of at least one full year of university coursework prior to starting ASAP to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 out of 4.0 scale (or 80% total cumulative average grade)
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|GRE (Verbal score)||150|
- TOEFL iBT MyBest Scores and Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator will be accepted as long as all exams were taken within the past two years.
- To send an official TOEFL or IELTS test score, please select the institution code B166.
English Requirement Exemption:
- You have attended a high school for at least 3 years where English is the main language of instruction, or
- You have attended a higher education degree program for at least 3 years where English is the main language of instruction and the country
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to require any accepted ASAP students to confirm their English language skills by taking our DCE online English placement test prior to the program start date. We also reserve the right to deny acceptance to ASAP. Applicants who are not accepted into ASAP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the ASAP APPLICATION, submit to our staff with instructions from the Apply Now page and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into ASAP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the ASAP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to ASAP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. You will also need to submit copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meet our financial requirements for I-20 issuance. If you are applying as a transfer-in from another US institution, you will also need to submit a completed Transfer Evaluation Form.
(Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After ASAP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 45 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Yes. Minimum full-time requirement is 12 units each quarter. F-1 student visa is required for students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to study in this program on UCI campus.
Please visit our TUITION & FEES page for more information.
Program Completion clearance will not be granted for a student with an outstanding debt to UCI DCE, or any outstanding misconduct charges, or unsatisfactory completion (e.g., failure to maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in the final quarter) of all program requirements.
Moreover, below are key selection criteria are taken into consideration for advancing during the program:
- Pass any course with the grading option of CE or P
- Maintain at least a B average or Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Comply with the STAR program policies, including attendance and academics compliance at all times
- Complete at least intensive ESL level 6 or achieve at least TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5, Duolingo 115
Students who meet the above key selection criteria are expected to follow the program curriculum or their designed study plan. When students fail to meet the above key selection criteria, our academic advisors will provide alternative academic plans to assist the student in making progress and maintaining their full-time status.
UCI Division of Continuing Education is committed to serving students from all diverse backgrounds. While the acceptance preference will be given to students who have met our minimum acceptance requirements, we recognize individual circumstances and offer comprehensive review of every applicant. Thus, students who do not meet our minimum acceptance requirements are still encouraged to apply. It is important that students provide additional information (e.g., resume, community service, awards and achievements, and extra-curricular classes and activities.) to demonstrate their unique circumstances.
ASAP students may earn 12 quarter units each quarter when taking UCI courses through Concurrent Enrollment. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that every university or college admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in ASAP. It is strongly advised that you check with your home university about their unit transfer policy in advance.
International universities and colleges that are interested in becoming a partner with UCI Division of Continuing Education to provide an exciting study abroad experience for their students, please Contact Us.
Please visit our Registration Policies & Deadlines for more information.
Sample of subject areas:
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Criminology, Law and Society
- East Asian Studies
- European Studies
- Film & Media Studies
- Gender & Sexuality Studies
- International Studies
- Literary Journalism
- Planning Policy & Design
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Social Science
- + a variety of courses through the Division of Continuing Education, including Business, Marketing, Engineering and more!
ASAP students enroll in UCI undergraduate courses (excludes graduate level courses) through Concurrent Enrollment on a space-available basis after all matriculated UCI students have been enrolled. Permission to enroll in a UCI undergraduate course must be obtained by the course instructor and/or department during the first two weeks of every quarter. Enrollment in any specific course cannot be guaranteed, so having a list of alternative courses is necessary to maintain full-time status (or 12 units) each quarter. Economics courses and courses within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields are highly impacted, and receiving permission to enroll in these courses can be more difficult. ASAP students are not permitted to enroll in courses offered by UCI School of Law, Paul Merage School of Business, Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing and School of Medicine.
Graduate level courses at UCI are generally available for ASAP students who have completed their undergraduate studies or are current graduate students. Demonstration of sufficient academic readiness for the academic subject that is the same as the requested graduate course is required, in addition to the program approval and additional tuition. Please Contact Us for more details.
Funding is currently not available for students who are enrolled in our program. However, students may find any financial assistance opportunities by contacting the consulates in their home countries. There are also scholarship websites available: IEFA, International Scholarships, International Student
Please visit STUDENT LIFE for more information.
Note: Participating in ASAP is not a guarantee of admission to UCI or any other university. Also, program approval and additional fees are required for enrolling in over 12 units. The maximum number of units that are covered by the program tuition is 16 units per quarter. Information about ASAP should be referred to this official program website.
3-month tuition: $8,200 USD
6-month tuition: $16,400 USD
9-month tuition: $24,600 USD
Approximate total cost for 6 months: $29,600 USD, excludes airfareApproximate total cost for 9 months: $44,000 USD, excludes airfare
UPCOMING START DATES
|Fall 2023||Sep 20|
|Winter 2024||Jan 4|
|Spring 2024||Mar 27|