Gain practical experience with real-life application of the skills and concepts you learned in your Accelerated Certificate Program. Take part in a 10-week professional internship (practicum) with the local Orange County business community.
- Learn to write an American-style resume and cover letter
- Enhance interview and communication skills
- Gain valuable professional experience
- Increase your exposure to American business culture
- Cultivate educationally enhancing relationships
Step-By-Step Internship Process
- Attend an internship information session
- Enroll and participate in Resume Writing & Interviewing Skills (LINGUIS_806.1) course to learn how to write a professional resume and cover letter, practice and improve interview skills, and receive support and guidance in the internship application process
- Apply and interview for internships
- Accept internship with company based on offers received
- Participate in Internship Practicum course (MGMT_X462) and attend on-campus class sessions
- Complete internship
- Submit internship/practicum report in reflection of internship experience
|Quarter 1 (Workshop – During ACP)||Quarter 2 (Internship)|
Students are eligible for the International Internships program after the successful completion of an ACP program. All participants must attend mandatory meetings and workshops, and be in good academic standing.
Program Policies and Dates
Learn more about the policies and procedures of the International Internships program here.
Find out upcoming program dates here.
About the Internship Field
The internship course is part of the Accelerated Certificate Program (ACP) curriculum and the internship experience must be in a field directly related to the most recently completed ACP. For example, if a student is enrolled in ACP Project Management (i.e. ACP PM) and then enrolls in the internship course in the next quarter, the internship must be directly related to Project Management. Students should keep this in mind when selecting their ACP enrollment pathway.
Employers Looking for Interns
The International Internships program is always looking to partner with local Southern California companies interested in hiring international students in a variety of internship positions. If you are interested in hiring interns, please complete this short survey and a staff member will be in contact with you shortly.