Thank you for your interest in studying at UC Irvine. The steps below include the application process for the International Graduate Studies Preparation Program (IGSPP). Before you begin, please review the Registration Policies & Deadlines for IGSPP.
Step 1: Application Completion
Please download the Application Form and complete it.
Step 2: Include the non-refundable $200 Application Fee
Applicants must submit by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) a non-refundable Application Fee of US$200 when applying to the program. In order to ensure we are protecting sensitive credit card information, please do not send credit card information, including your personal account number, expiration date, and security code, via email. We kindly ask that any forms or documents containing any credit card information be sent via fax or mail or in person only.
Note: Applicants from China should send their applications to our authorized China Marketing Coordinator. Please send an email to Mr. Ming Cai for more information.
Step 3: Application & Supporting Documents Submission
Please send the following application documents:
- Academic transcripts for the last four years of college (scanned copies acceptable for application) to meet the minimum GPA requirements below:
- ACP/ACCESS: 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Fundamentals: 2.8 (or equivalent)
- Copies of your graduation certificate (or confirmation of the diploma or degree you will receive, if not yet issued)
- Copies of English language test results (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent) if available
- Employment history details or resumé, if available
- Proof of having sufficient funds to participate in IGSPP, approximately:
- US$29,400/6 months for IGSPP
- US$30,000/6 months for IGSPP (with ACP CESDE)
- US$40,900/9 months for IGSPP
- US$41,500/9 months for IGSPP (with ACP CESDE)
- US$40,885/9 months for IGSPP Fundamentals
- Copy of your passport page
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IGSPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IGSPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
Submit the completed application and supporting documents to the IGSPP office. See Contact Us for contact information.
Step 4: Acceptance Decision Notification
When the UCI Division of Continuing Education approves your eligibility for IGSPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail and will describe IGSPP policies and request the non-refundable Program Deposit of $5,000 USD required.
(Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit to confirm the acceptance; otherwise, applicants are expected to submit the Program Deposit to avoid any delay in the application process.)
Step 5: Final Confirmation of Acceptance
After the UCI Division of Continuing Education receives your signed Acceptance Confirmation Letter and the Program Deposit of $5,000 USD, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
After you have obtained your Student Visa, you will be expected to pay the balance of the tuition and fees before the Program Start Date. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Note: IGSPP does not guarantee admission to UCI or any other university.