There is no formal deadline, but we recommend that you apply at least 10-12 weeks before the program starts to ensure enough processing time for your F-1 Visa. We accept applications until the program is full.
- UCI Division of Continuing Education must be advised of all program cancellation and withdrawal requests in writing.
- Cancellation prior to program start date: UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund all of the Tuition and Fees that have been paid less the Program Deposit.
- Withdrawal after program start date: UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund unused Tuition and Fees less a $200 Withdrawal Fee. Tuition and Fees are assessed at the start of every quarter, students must withdraw prior to the start of any given quarter to receive a refund of that quarter’s Tuition and Fees.
In lieu of a refund, a student may choose to receive a balance credit that will remain available for use in ASAP within one year from the withdrawal date. After one year, the credit is forfeited.
- Dismissal: No refunds will be given if a student is dismissed from ASAP.
- Cancellation due to F-1 visa denial: UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund an applicant’s Program Deposit only in the case of visa denial. In situations where the U.S. embassy or consulate has denied the applicant a Student (F-1) Visa, UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund the Program Deposit if the following two conditions are met:
- UCI Division of Continuing Education is notified at least 14 calendar days before the Program Start Date that the student has been denied a Student Visa;
- UCI Division of Continuing Education receives (1) the original written documentation from the U.S. embassy or consulate verifying that the Student Visa has been denied and (2) the original Letter of Acceptance (LOA) issued by UCI Division of Continuing Education.
- Program Postponement: If UCI Division of Continuing Education cancels or postpones a program, applicants will be encouraged to attend the program at a later date. If this is not convenient to the student, UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund all of the Tuition and Fees that have been paid less the Application Fee.
Applicants may request a deferral to another Program Start Date by submitting a deferral request in writing to UCI Division of Continuing Education at least 14 calendar days before the program start date. Upon deferral approval, UCI Division of Continuing Education will then issue a new Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20 for admission for a later start date. Deferral will be offered only once to each applicant.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.