Students can choose from one of the following tracks of study within STAR that suits their best interest and educational goals:
- Academic Advancement Track: A rigorous academic plan that gives recent high school graduates the essential skills and acculturation opportunities to advance and succeed in top U.S. universities and colleges.
- Early College Track: A one-of-a-kind UC Irvine program that provides a personalized and supportive academic environment for high school students starting Grade 10 to gain a transformative high school experience and engaging opportunities. Our unique cross-enrolled program curriculum promotes students’ academic competitiveness, scholastic development, and high school diploma attainment from our partner institution.
Hear from Students About Their UCI Experience
- Advanced college course units* through Concurrent Enrollment and Advanced Placement Exams towards your future bachelor’s degree
- Intensive academic classes that improve your English fluency and increase your academic competitiveness for your future undergraduate degree programs
- Undergraduate Preparation Seminar and Research & Citation classes that are designed to increase critical thinking skills and provide a foundation for the process of academic research expected in many top US universities
- ACTS (Authentic, Comprehensive, Targeted, Strategic) focused guidance and assistance with US university and college applications
- Proactive college and academic advising with a significantly low student-to-counselor ratio compared to the state of California average along with student wellness support
- Standardized test preparation for US college admission to help you reach your target score
- UCI community engagement and involvement through planned activities
- Interaction with prestigious UCI faculty and introduction to abundant campus resources
- Intercultural conversation experiences with current UCI students who will meet in one-on-one or group conversational settings
- Social events and excursions with other international and American students
*Final credit transfer is determined by student's current/future institution.
Note: Participating in Undergraduate STAR is not a guarantee of admission to UCI or any other university. Information about STAR should be referred to this official program website.
For information about STAR, refer to this official program website