IUPP Accelerated Track is designed for students who have demonstrated proficient English language skills prior to coming to IUPP. It is also available for students who have already applied to their future undergraduate degree programs and want to start their college education early. The track prepares students for succeeding in their future university courses by offering all of the IUPP program benefits and major / general education academic credit courses while experiencing a college life at UCI.
Program Curriculum for Core Courses
|First Quarter*||Second Quarter||Third Quarter|
|College Calculus –
Part A (4 ceu’s)
College U.S. History –
College English Language and Composition – Part A (4 ceu’s)
|College Calculus –
Part B (4 ceu’s)
College U.S. History –
College English Language and Composition – Part B (4 ceu’s)
|UCI Major / General Education Academic Courses (Up to 12 units)|
|*1. The DCE Intensive English Placement Test is required upon arrival.
2. Students who excel in their classes and demonstrate a high level of English proficiency in a given quarter will have the option of continuing UCI Major / General Education academic courses in the subsequent quarter.
3. Courses are scheduled based on availability; course equivalent substitutions will be recommended when courses become unavailable.
4. Additional quarters are available upon approval for a fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in our IUPP Accelerated Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed IUPP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of your official academic transcripts for the last four years of high school (Grade 9th – 12th) to meet our minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the UC’s A-G subject courses – Recommended GPA of 3.7 or 90%
- Copy of your high school graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your high school with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for I-20 issuance: $69,200 USD for 9 months
- Documentation for any educational gap between the graduation of your high school and start date of the IUPP program you intend to apply
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores1:
|90 for iBT or 580 for PBT||7.0||5 on HL in English or 6 on SL in English||30 on Combined English/Writing (ELA)||680 on Reading and Writing|
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IUPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IUPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online IUPP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into IUPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the IUPP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $10,000 USD to be submitted to IUPP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. (Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IUPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Yes. To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
It is possible. Please Contact Us so we can better address your questions.
Yes, you can still apply. We evaluate every applicant based on several factors. If you think that you do not meet our minimum English proficiency requirements, we advise that you consider applying to our IUPP Fundamentals Track.
IUPP is available for students 17 years and older, and students must graduate from high school before participating in IUPP. However, if your high school determines that you are able to graduate from your high school by attending IUPP in your senior year or Grade 12. You may be eligible to apply to our IUPP General.
Currently, the Accelerated Track is available for fall and winter. The program start dates for 2019-2020 are September 2018, 2019 and January 3, 2020.
- The Accelerated Track tuition is $49,700 USD for 9 months or 3 quarters. Additional required fees per quarter are: $585 Student Health Insurance and $250 Student Services.
- Please also note that UCI Division of Continuing Education also provides many student activities and support services for all its international students. Please visit ACTIVITIES for more information.
Students in the IUPP Accelerated Track may earn up to 40 quarter units. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that each university / college admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in IUPP. The Concurrent Enrollment courses offered in IUPP are equivalent to UCI courses.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Please Contact Us or download our IUPP APPLICATION.
Note: Participating in IUPP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.