|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter|
(Minimum 12 units; up to 16 units with approval)
(Minimum 12 units; up to 16 units with approval)
1. The table shows the maximum number of units that is covered by the program tuition. Additional tuition is required for any additional units or quarters.
2. Students who are accepted for 3 quarters will be required to take the DCE Intensive English Placement Test upon arrival to determine their English level and courses in the first quarter.
3. Courses are scheduled based on availability; course equivalent substitutions will be recommended when courses become unavailable.
To be accepted in our IGSPP Research Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed IGSPP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of all of your current official academic transcripts to prove your completion of at least three years of college education and to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree, provide a copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for a 6- or 9-month I-20 issuance:
- $44,000 USD for 6-month / 2-quarter IGSPP Research
- $49,800 USD for 9 months / 3-quarter IGSPP Research
- Documentation for any educational gap since the start of university / college attendance must be supported with explanations and evidence
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|CEFR:||B2, C1, C2|
|GRE (Verbal score)||150|
|DCE 10-Week ESL||Level 6|
- TOEFL iBT MyBest Scores will be accepted as long as all exams were taken within the past two years.
- To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.
- International applicants are exempt from submitting English proficiency scores if any of the following circumstances are met: 1) Your native language is English, or 2) You have completed your bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking country for at least three years.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IGSPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IGSPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online IGSPP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee
- After you have been provisionally accepted into IGSPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the IGSPP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to IGSPP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. (Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IGSPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
UCI Division of Continuing Education is committed to serving students from all diverse backgrounds. While the acceptance preference will be given to students who have met our minimum acceptance requirements, we recognize individual circumstances and offer comprehensive review of every applicant. Thus, students who do not meet our minimum acceptance requirements are still encouraged to apply. It is important that students provide additional information (e.g., resume, community service, awards and achievements, and extra-curricular classes and activities.) to demonstrate their unique circumstances.
Students may earn up to 24 quarter units during IGSPP Research. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that every graduate admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in IGSPP. Any Concurrent Enrollment courses offered in IGSPP are equivalent to UCI courses.
Please know that enrollment in UCI courses is on a space-available basis with permission of the course instructor and/or department, after all matriculated UCI students have been enrolled.
IGSPP has specifically designed the additional courses to provide students with the necessary tools and skills to excel in the graduate studies: (1) Research Principles, (2) Research & Citation, and (3) Independent Graduate Research Study.
In addition, IGSPP offers Application Assistance & Career Planning (AACP) and Test Preparation for (TOEFL, GRE, and GMAT) for assisting students with becoming a competitive candidate and making their best graduate program choice.
IGSPP students also can take advantage of hundreds of public courses that are offered at the Division of Continuing Education during their studies.
Courses are scheduled based on availability; course equivalent substitutions will be recommended when courses become unavailable.
Below are key selection criteria are taken into consideration for program advancing
- Score at least 85% in every CE or P/NP class offered by your program
- Maintain a B average or Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Comply with the program policies (e.g., in good academic standing) at all times
- Meet the minimum English requirement stated in the Entry Acceptance Requirements
Students who meet the above key selection criteria are expected to follow the program curriculum or their designed study plan. When students fail to meet the above key selection criteria, our academic advisors will provide alternative academic preparation courses to assist the student in making progress and maintaining their full-time status.
Program Completion clearance will not be granted for a student with an outstanding debt to UCI DCE, or any outstanding misconduct charges, or unsatisfactory completion of all program requirements.
Yes. To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
It is possible. Please contact us so we can better address your questions.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
Please visit our TUITION AND FEES page for more information.
Which colleges and universities have offered admission to students who have successfully completed the program?
View the list of U.S. schools that have offered admission to our IGSPP students since 2011.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in IGSPP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.