Offers UCI academic credit courses to help students show their strengths in their chosen specialized areas and/or fulfill the pre-requisites that may be required and accepted by the future graduate program.
Program Curriculum for Core Courses
|First Quarter*||Second Quarter|
|UCI Major / General Education Academic Courses (Up to 12 units)||UCI Major / General Education Academic Courses
(Up to 12 units)
|*Students who apply for three quarters will take Intensive ESL courses in their first quarter; DCE Intensive English placement test is required for three-quarter IGSPP applicants upon arrival; Additional quarters are available upon approval for a fee.
Courses are scheduled based on availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in our IGSPP Research Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed IGSPP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of all of your current official academic transcripts to prove your completion of at least three years of college education and to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree, provide a copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for a 6- or 9-month I-20 issuance:
- $43,500 USD for 6-month / 2-quarter IGSPP Research
- $49,300 USD for 9 months / 3-quarter IGSPP Research
- Employment history details or resume, if available
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|Two Quarters||80 iBT or 550 PBT||6.5||3.5||B2||685|
|Three Quarters||Online DCE English Proficiency Test is required for students who do not meet the Two-quarter IGSPP English proficiency requirement|
1. To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.
2. Students who transfer from our DCE 10-week ESL intensive program must successfully complete at least level 6 to be exempt from providing any English proficiency proof.
3. International applicants are exempt from submitting English proficiency scores if any of the following circumstances are met: 1) Your native language is English, or 2) You have completed your bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking country for at least three years.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IGSPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IGSPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online IGSPP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee
- After you have been provisionally accepted into IGSPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the IGSPP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to IGSPP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. (Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IGSPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Yes, you can still apply. We evaluate every applicant based on several factors. If you think that you do not meet our minimum English proficiency requirements, we advise that you consider applying to our 3-quarter or 9-month IGSPP that offers Intensive ESL courses.
Students may earn up to 24 quarter units during IGSPP Research. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that every graduate admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in IGSPP. Any Concurrent Enrollment courses offered in IGSPP are equivalent to UCI courses.
Please know that enrollment in UCI courses is on a space-available basis with permission of the course instructor and/or department, after all matriculated UCI students have been enrolled.
Yes. To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
It is possible. Please Contact Us so we can better address your questions.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
The IGSPP Research Track tuition is $24,000 USD for 6 months or 2 quarters, and it is $29,800 USD for 9 months or 3 quarters. Additional required fees per quarter are: $585 Student Health Insurance and $250 Student Services.
Please also note that UCI Division of Continuing Education also provides many student activities and support services for all its international students. Please visit ACTIVITIES for more information.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in IGSPP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.