Earn a post-graduate certificate in a professional field and obtain working experience in a 3-month Internship to boost your résumé and interaction with business professionals in the U.S.
Program Curriculum for Core Courses
|First Quarter*||Second Quarter|
|One Accelerated Certificate Program||Internship|
|*Students who apply for three quarters will take Intensive ESL courses in their first quarter; DCE Intensive English placement test is required for three-quarter IGSPP applicants upon arrival; Additional quarters are available upon approval for a fee.
Courses are scheduled based on availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in our IGSPP Business Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed IGSPP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of your official academic transcripts for the last four years of college to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for a 6- or 9-month I-20 issuance:
- $40,500 USD for 6-month or 2-quarter IGSPP Business
- $46,300 USD for 9-month or 3-quarter IGSPP Business
- Employment history details or resume, if available
- Copies of English proficiency proof
- Two Quarters:
- English proficiency tests accepted
- 71 iBT TOEFL (To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.)
- 530 PBT TOEFL or 17 on each section
- 685 TOEIC
- 6.0 IELTS
- B2 CEFR or ISE
- 3.5 iTEP
- 50 Pearson Academic
- Advanced Cambridge
- EIKEN Japanese Test in Practical English “Grade pre-1”
- Completion of English language school
- UCI 10-Week Intensive ESL: Level 5
- Kaplan International: Higher Intermediate
- FLS International: Level 16
- ELS Language Centers: Level 112
- You have completed your bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking country for at least three years
- English proficiency tests accepted
- Three Quarters: Online DCE English Proficiency Test is required for students who do not meet the Two-quarter IGSPP English proficiency requirement
- Two Quarters:
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IGSPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IGSPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online IGSPP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into IGSPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the IGSPP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to IGSPP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. (Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IGSPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 45 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Yes, you can still apply. We evaluate every applicant based on several factors. If you think that you do not meet our minimum English proficiency requirements, we advise that you consider applying to our 3-quarter or 9-month IGSPP that offers Intensive ESL courses.
- ACP Business Administration
- ACP Data Science & Predictive Analytics for Business Professionals
- ACP Digital Marketing
- ACP Global Human Resources Management
- ACP Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- ACP International Business Operations & Management
- ACP International Finance
- ACP International Tourism & Hotel Management
- ACP Marketing
- ACP Media & Global Communications
- ACP Project Management
- ACP Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
What are the benefits for completing one of the Accelerated Certificate Programs (ACPs) in IGSPP Business?
ACPs are specialized post-graduate programs that balance theory and practice with an emphasis on real-world experience. Students will learn the most current trends in their business field of study or industry, earn academic credit, and connect with leaders in their fields. Our ACPs offer the opportunity to enroll in a 3-month unpaid internship and can provide a pathway to become eligible for a 12-month work experience in the U.S. with Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Internships are unpaid positions lasting 3 month, and there are great benefits for having the opportunity to work in the U.S. as part of your studies in IGSPP. The benefits are listed as follows:
- Learn to write an American-style resume and cover letter
- Enhance interview and communication skills
- Gain valuable professional experience
- Increase exposure to American business culture
- Cultivate educationally enhancing relationships
Below are the Step-By-Step Internship Process
- Attend an internship information session
- Enroll and participate in Resume Writing & Interviewing Skills course to learn how to write a professional resume and cover letter, practice and improve interview skills, and receive support and guidance in the internship application process
- Apply and interview for internships
- Accept internship with company based on offers received
- Participate in Internship Practicum course and attend on-campus class sessions
- Complete internship
- Submit internship/practicum report in reflection of internship experience
Yes. To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
- It is possible. Please Contact Us so we can better address your questions.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
The IGSPP Research Track tuition is $21,000 USD for 6 months or 2 quarters, and it is $26,800 USD for 9 months or 3 quarters. Additional required fees per quarter are: $585 Student Health Insurance and $250 Student Services.
Please also note that UCI Division of Continuing Education also provides many student activities and support services for all its international students. Please visit ACTIVITIES for more information.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in IGSPP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.