|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter|
1. The table shows the maximum number of units that is covered by the program tuition. Additional tuition is required for any additional units or quarters.
2. Courses are scheduled based on availability; course equivalent substitutions will be recommended when courses become unavailable.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in our Graduate STAR Specialized Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed Graduate STAR APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee. The application fee must be paid within 7 days upon our office’s receipt of your application to be processed; otherwise, the application may automatically be canceled.
- Has received or eligible to receive a diploma from the current or last attended college / university upon the completion Graduate STAR Program
- Copies of all of your current official academic transcripts to prove your completion of at least three years of college education and to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.3 (or equivalent)
- If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree, provide a copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Documentation for any educational gap since the start of university/college attendance must be supported with explanations and evidence
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|CEFR:||B2, C1, C2|
|GRE (Verbal score)||150|
|DCE 10-Week ESL||Level 6|
- TOEFL iBT MyBest Scores and Special Home Edition will be accepted as long as all exams were taken within the past two years.
- To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.
English Requirement Exemption:
- You are from one of the exempt countries: https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/english-proficiency.php
- You have attended schools at the secondary level (high school) or above for at least three years full-time where English is the main language of instruction.
- You are currently enrolled in a high school (USTAR) or degree program where the main language of instruction is English for the majority of courses taught for at least one academic year.
Students who have undergraduate majors in STEM will receive priority acceptance consideration and pre-assessment for their intended graduate program
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to STAR. Applicants who are not accepted into STAR by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online graduate STAR APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee
- After you have been provisionally accepted into STAR, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the STAR registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to STAR within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. You will also need to submit copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meet our financial requirements for I-20 issuance. If you are applying as a transfer-in from another US institution, you will also need to submit a completed Transfer Evaluation Form.
- After you have signed the acknowledgment form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and STAR has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
UCI DCE is committed to serving diverse students from all backgrounds. UCI Division of Continuing Education is committed to serving students from all diverse backgrounds. While the acceptance preference will be given to students who have met our minimum acceptance requirements, we recognize individual circumstances and offer comprehensive review of every applicant. Thus, students who do not meet our minimum acceptance requirements are still encouraged to apply. It is important that students provide additional information (e.g., resume, community service, awards and achievements, and extra-curricular classes and activities.) to demonstrate their unique circumstances.
Every graduate admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in STAR. STAR Specialized Track offers UCI credit-bearing courses. Please know that enrollment in UCI courses is on a space-available basis with permission of the course instructor and/or department.
Below are key selection criteria are taken into consideration for program advancing
- Score at least 85% in every CE or P/NP class offered by your program
- Maintain a B average or Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Comply with the program policies (e.g., in good academic standing) at all times
- Meet the minimum English requirement stated in the Entry Acceptance Requirements
Students who meet the above key selection criteria are expected to follow the program curriculum or their designed study plan. When students fail to meet the above key selection criteria, our academic advisors will provide alternative academic preparation courses to assist the student in making progress and maintaining their full-time status.
Recommended Graduate Programs for Science & Technology at UCI
•Samueli School of Engineering
•Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences
Please know that students can choose to apply to any other graduate programs during their STAR studies.
Program Completion clearance will not be granted for a student with an outstanding debt to UCI DCE, or any outstanding misconduct charges, or unsatisfactory completion of all program requirements.
Yes. All students are required to maintain their full-time status by enroll in at least 12 units at all times in the STAR program.”
It is possible. Please contact us so we can better address your questions.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
Please visit our TUITION AND FEES page for more information.
Which colleges and universities have offered admission to students who have successfully completed the program?
View the list of U.S. schools that have offered admission to our STAR students since 2011.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in STAR is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.