|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter|
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in our Graduate STAR General Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed Graduate STAR APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee. The application fee must be paid within 7 days upon our office’s receipt of your application to be processed; otherwise, the application may automatically be canceled.
- Copies of all of your current official academic transcripts to prove your completion of at least three years of college education and to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree, provide a copy of your 4-year bachelor’s degree diploma/graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your current university/college with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Documentation for any educational gap since the start of university/college attendance must be supported with explanations and evidence
- Copies of English proficiency proof
- Two Quarters:
- English proficiency tests accepted
- 71 iBT TOEFL (To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.)
- 530 PBT TOEFL or 17 on each section
- 685 TOEIC
- 6.0 IELTS (To send an official IELTS test score, please select the institution code B166.)
- B2 CEFR or ISE
- 3.5 iTEP
- 95 Duolingo
- 50 Pearson Academic
- Advanced Cambridge
- EIKEN Japanese Test in Practical English “Grade pre-1”
- Completion of English language school
- UCI 10-Week Intensive ESL: Level 5
- Kaplan International: Higher Intermediate
- FLS International: Level 16
- ELS Language Centers: Level 112
- English proficiency tests accepted
- Two Quarters:
Note: TOEFL iBT MyBest Scores, Special Home Edition, Essentials and IELTS Indicator will be accepted as long as all exams were taken within the past two years.
- English Requirement Exemption:
- You have attended a high school for at least 3 years where English is the main language of instruction, or
- You have attended a higher education degree program for at least 3 years where English is the main language of instruction and the country
Our program entry requirements and English exemption are not the same as any other programs at UCI.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to STAR. Applicants who are not accepted into STAR by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online GRADUATE STAR APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into STAR, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the STAR registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to STAR within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. You will also need to submit copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meet our financial requirements for I-20 issuance. If you are applying as a transfer-in from another US institution, you will also need to submit a completed Transfer Evaluation Form.
- After you have signed the acknowledgment form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and STAR has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 30 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
UCI DCE is committed to serving diverse students from all backgrounds. UCI Division of Continuing Education is committed to serving students from all diverse backgrounds. While the acceptance preference will be given to students who have met our minimum acceptance requirements, we recognize individual circumstances and offer comprehensive review of every applicant. Thus, students who do not meet our minimum acceptance requirements are still encouraged to apply. It is important that students provide additional information (e.g., resume, community service, awards and achievements, and extra-curricular classes and activities.) to demonstrate their unique circumstances.
- ACP Business Administration
- ACP Data Analytics for Business
- ACP Data Science
- ACP Digital Marketing & Communications
- ACP Global Human Resources Management
- ACP Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- ACP International Business Operations & Management
- ACP International Finance
- ACP International Tourism & Hotel Management
- ACP Project Management
- ACP Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
What are the benefits for completing one of the Accelerated Certificate Programs (ACPs) in STAR General?
ACPs are specialized post-graduate programs that balance theory and practice with an emphasis on real-world experience. Students will learn the most current trends in their business field of study or industry, earn academic credit, and connect with leaders in their fields. Our ACPs offer the opportunity to enroll in a 3-month unpaid internship and can provide a pathway to become eligible for a 12-month work experience in the U.S. with Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Below are key selection criteria are taken into consideration for program advancing
- Score at least 85% in every CE or P/NP class offered by your program
- Maintain a B average or Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Comply with the program policies (e.g., in good academic standing and, satisfactory performance in ACPs) at all times
- Meet the minimum English requirement stated in the Entry Acceptance Requirements
Students who meet the above key selection criteria are expected to follow the program curriculum or their designed study plan. When students fail to meet the above key selection criteria, our academic advisors will provide alternative academic preparation courses to assist the student in making progress and maintaining their full-time status.
Program Completion clearance will not be granted for a student with an outstanding debt to UCI DCE, or any outstanding misconduct charges, or unsatisfactory completion of all program requirements.
Yes. Minimum full-time requirement is 12 units each quarter. An F-1 student visa is required for students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to study in this program on UCI campus.
Students are recommended to apply to UCI and our partner graduate schools during their STAR studies. Please know that every graduate program may have a different application deadline. Graduate STAR students are required to submit their graduate school applications by the deadlines.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
Please visit our Tuition and Fees page for more information.
Which colleges and universities have offered admission to students who have successfully completed the program?
View the list of U.S. schools that have offered admission to our STAR students since 2011.
Yes. STAR is excited to partner with several prestigious institutions in the U.S, including Northwestern University School of Professional Studies, Pepperdine University Graduate Business and Law Schools, and A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management at UC Riverside. Some of our partnership benefits include priority application review and English requirement (e.g., TOEFL and IELTS) waiver. Scholarships from our partners are also available.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in STAR is not a guarantee of admission to UCI or any other university.