Experience University Research (EUR) online courses allow students from around the world to take college-level coursework at a Top 10 public university. All classes consist of synchronous Zoom sessions in which students will participate in project-based learning to build practical skills, gain invaluable experience, and become better prepared to attend a competitive university. EUR is also a great way for students to enhance their college applications and obtain letters of recommendation from experienced instructors and industry professionals.
Course content and schedules are subject to change at the University’s discretion. All courses taught in English.
- Enhance your resume or university applications by taking university elective courses taught by UCI faculty and field experts—with no risk or affected GPAs!
- Get involved in hands-on learning in some of UCI’s strongest fields of study: social ecology, engineering, business management and entrepreneurship.
- Develop academic research, writing, and presentation skills in English.
- Learn about UCI and the admissions process through a free webinar.
- Minimum iBT TOEFL score of 60 recommended for non-native English speakers.
- Students must be at least 15 years old unless otherwise noted.
Read the biographies of the instructors you will be learning from here.–
Spring 2021 – Single Course Enrollments
Description: Skills in Python, computer hardware, and IoT devices have many applications and are highly sought after. The goal of this course is to teach students to us Raspberry Pi single-board computers to design and develop fun and practical IoT devices while learning programming and computer hardware. In addition, students will learn how to set up the Raspberry Pi environment and how to use Python-based IDE (integrated developmental environments) for the Raspberry Pi. In this course, students will use a kit to create an IoT device and build and test a system using a Raspberry Pi.
Recommended for: high school students, students with no programming experience
Instructor: Saleem Yamani, M.S.
Schedule: Saturdays, 09:00-12:00 (PST)
Fee: $575 (plus required materials)
Ready to experience?
Contact us for further information or to begin shaping your program.
Course availability and schedules subject to change.