ASAP is specifically designed for eligible international university-level students to enhance their undergraduate experience by studying in ASAP for 1, 2 or 3 quarters. While in ASAP, students have the opportunity to enroll full-time (12 quarter units*) alongside matriculated UCI students in credit-bearing UCI undergraduate courses and UCI Continuing Education courses. Take advantage of this chance to become immersed in American university culture while supplementing your home university degree.
*Additional approval and fees are required for enrolling in over 12 units; Graduate level courses and internships are not available.
- Study at a Top 10 U.S. public university.
- Learn from renowned UCI professors and accomplished professionals.
- Live in the safest large city (ranked by the FBI) in the U.S.
- Receive academic advising from a qualified, dedicated ASAP academic advisor.
- Build your network through meaningful interactions with international and U.S. American students, and UCI faculty and staff.
- Choose the length of your program and have the flexibility to extend.
- Earn credit that may be transferable to your home university. One copy of official transcript is included in program fees.
- Gain valuable knowledge and tips about adapting to life at UCI in our Introduction to American Academic Culture Course (provided before the start of UCI courses).
Frequently Asked Questions
To be accepted in the ASAP program, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed ASAP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee
- Copies of your official academic transcripts showing completion of at least one full year of university coursework prior to starting ASA to meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 out of 4.0 scale (or 80% total cumulative average grade)
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for I-20 issuance:
- $29,300 USD for 3-month ASAP and 6-month ASAP
- $43,500 USD for 9-month ASAP
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
|80 iBT or 550 PBT||6.5||3.5||B2||685|
1. To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.
2. Students who transfer from our DCE 10-week ESL intensive program must successfully complete at least level 6 to be exempt from providing any English proficiency proof.
3. International applicants are exempt from submitting English proficiency scores if any of the following circumstances are met: 1) Your native language is English, or 2) You have studied in an accredited university in the U.S., Australia, U.K., or another country where instruction was taught in English for at three years.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to ASAP. Applicants who are not accepted into ASAP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online ASAP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into ASAP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the ASAP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $5,000 USD to be submitted to ASAP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter. (Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IGSPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 45 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
It is possible. Please Contact Us so we can better address your questions.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
The ASAP tuition ranges from $8,200 USD for 3 months/1 quarter to $24,000 USD for 9 months/3 quarters. Additional required fees per quarter are: $585 Student Health Insurance and $250 Student Services.
Please also note that UCI Division of Continuing Education also provides many student activities and support services for all its international students. Please visit ACTIVITIES for more information.
Yes, you can still apply. We evaluate every applicant based on several factors.
How many units can I earn in ASAP? Can they be transferred to my degree program at my home university?
ASAP students may earn 12 quarter units each quarter when taking UCI courses through Concurrent Enrollment. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that every university or college admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in ASAP. It is strongly advised that you check with your home university about their unit transfer policy in advance.
International universities and colleges that are interested in becoming a partner with UCI Division of Continuing Education to provide an exciting study abroad experience for their students, please Contact Us.
Cancellation prior to program start date: UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund all of the Tuition and Fees that have been paid less the Program Deposit.
Withdrawal after program start date: UCI Division of Continuing Education will refund unused Tuition and Fees less a $200 Withdrawal Fee. Tuition and Fees are assessed at the start of every quarter, students must withdraw prior to the start of any given quarter to receive a refund of that quarter’s Tuition and Fees.
- In lieu of a refund, a student may choose to receive a balance credit that will remain available for use in ASAP within one year from the withdrawal date. After one year, the credit is forfeited.
- No refund or tuition credit will be given to a student who is subject to dismissal.
Sample of subject areas:
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Criminology, Law and Society
- East Asian Studies
- European Studies
- Film & Media Studies
- Gender & Sexuality Studies
- International Studies
- Literary Journalism
- Planning Policy & Design
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Social Science
- + a variety of courses through the Division of Continuing Education, including Business, Marketing, Engineering and more!
ASAP students enroll in UCI undergraduate courses (excludes graduate level courses) through Concurrent Enrollment on a space-available basis after all matriculated UCI students have been enrolled. Permission to enroll in a UCI undergraduate course must be obtained by the course instructor and/or department during the first two weeks of every quarter. Enrollment in any specific course cannot be guaranteed, so having a list of alternative courses is necessary to maintain full-time status (or 12 units) each quarter. Economics courses and courses within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields are highly impacted, and receiving permission to enroll in these courses can be more difficult. ASAP students are not permitted to enroll in courses offered by UCI School of Law, Paul Merage School of Business, Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing and School of Medicine.
Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in ASAP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.