Improve your international Business English communication skills in 2 or 4 week increments to further advance your career or succeed in one of our Accelerated Certificate Programs or an MBA program. Learn more about doing business in the U.S. as well as internationally. Study business concepts and business English, and enhance your cross-cultural communication skills for business and professional settings.
Course Delivery Format
|On-campus Study||Remote Study|
- Study in 2-week sessions for up to 12 weeks. Our 2- and 4-week ESL programs are suitable for students who want to combine part-time English study with a holiday abroad.
- Improve communication skills by exploring management types, advertising and presentation skills, business etiquette and customs, and negotiation styles
- Attend small classes – usually about 16 students
- Develop a network of business contacts from many countries
- Strengthen your English skills before starting one of UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education’s many certificate programs or before entering an MBA program
- Advance your skills further through your choice of Business Writing or Pronunciation & Vocabulary
- Learn about business etiquette across cultures
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of your program
- Available to students 17 years and older with a minimum of intermediate English skill level determined by our placement test upon arrival
- To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1)
- Our 2- and 4-week ESL programs are suitable for students who want to combine part-time English study with a holiday abroad. If you are coming to the U.S. mainly for tourism, and you want to take English language classes for your own pleasure or recreation, then a tourist visa (B-2) or Visa Waiver (WT) is appropriate
|English proficiency requirements|
|UCI placement test scores equivalent to:|
|TOEIC||PBT TOEFL||iBT TOEFL||IELTS|
- Options for incidental study available
Sample Class Schedule
|English for Business Topics||7.5 hours/week|
|English for Business Communication||7.5 hours/week|
|Pronunciation & Vocabulary
- 72 class hours per 4-week session
- 36 class hours per 2-week session
Want to bring a group? Customized options available!
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you choose to study on campus or remotely, classes meet Monday through Friday at various times between 09:00 and 17:00 (California time) with a minimum of 18 hours of instructor-taught class time per week for full-time students. Students will learn their specific class times when they enroll.
ESL students who do not require an F-1 student visa may study part-time.
You may study part-time with a tourist (B-1/B-2) visa or other visa status that allows for part-time study. However, you may not be enrolled in more than 17 hours of classes per week. If you are not sure if your visa status allows for part-time study, please contact an international student advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No visa is required for remote study.
Full-time Tuition: $4,500
2-Week Business Communication: $650
2-Week Business Topics: $650
2-Week Business Writing: $450
4-Week Business Communication: $1100
4-Week Business Topics: $1100
4-Week Business Writing: $700
A 33% tuition discount will be applied for this ESL program’s remote study through the spring 2022 quarter
A 25% tuition discount will be applied for this ESL program’s on campus study for the fall 2021 quarter
Approximate Total Cost (for full-time ESL study before any discounts, excludes airfare): $10,500 USD
You can view all the tuition and fees rates on our Tuition and Fees page
While enrolled in Business English, you can receive a discount for our online courses designed to enhance personal and professional development.
- 25% discount on first online course for ESL students while they are enrolled in the ESL program
- 10% discount for all subsequent courses
- Courses may be applied to a full online certificate from UCI
- See the list of available courses on the UCI Division of Continuing Education page here.