Planning and managing all details of special events while making sure everything runs smoothly and effortlessly is a honed skill. Training in financial and legal safeguards, marketing and business practices all help to shape an effective event planner. This program provides professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to organize professional meetings, weddings, trade shows, conventions, sporting events and virtual conferences.
Course Delivery Format
Students can choose to take this course either on campus (beginning Fall 2021) or remotely. Students who choose to study remotely will receive the classroom instruction via state-of-the-art technology. Simply follow all the instructions to apply and make your selection for on-campus or remote study in Section 5 of the application.
Should I study on campus or remotely?
|On-campus Study||Remote Study|
- Acquire best practices and latest thinking for the design, planning and execution of successful events for groups of ten to thousands
- Gain a big-picture awareness of the event and meeting industry including seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows and more
- Conduct effective team event and meeting management research
- Learn to manage human resources, volunteers, vendors and other assets
- Obtain a foundation in knowledge about risk management procedures, tactics and requirements for large-scale event production
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
Entry-to-mid-level event planners looking for further professional development as well as individuals interested in the theoretical and practical aspects of event and meeting management will all benefit from this course.
View a student testimonial from their time in ACP during remote learning here
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Certificate Tuition: $7,900
A 33% tuition discount will be applied for ACP remote study for the 2021-2022 academic year, through the spring 2022 quarter. If you continue remote study to a second ACP, you can receive a total of 50% tuition discount
A 25% tuition discount will be applied for ACP in-person study for the Fall 2021 quarter
Approximate Total Cost (before any discounts, excludes airfare): $14,100 USD
You can view all the tuition and fees rates on our Tuition and Fees page