Experience University Research (EUR) Package Programs allow advanced students to enroll in 2-3 classes along with a variety of special presentations, tours, advising sessions, and social events over the course of a 4-week intensive programs. Meet and study at a Top 10 public university with students from around the world in small classes focused on Project-Based Learning. Build practical skills, gain invaluable experience, and become better prepared to attend a competitive university or start a career.
Course content and schedules are subject to change at the University’s discretion. All courses are taught in English and are open to international and domestic students. Courses with less than 15 students enrolled may be canceled. Courses are graded on an A-F scale (letter grades).
- Enhance your resume or university applications by taking undergraduate-level courses taught by UCI faculty or field experts.
- Get involved with project-based learning in some of UCI’s strongest fields of study: computer science, business, social science, and more.
- Develop academic research, critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills.
- Learn about UCI and how to enhance your academic and professional career.
- All courses are open to students ages 18 and older.
- A minimum iBT TOEFL score of 60 or equivalent is required to enroll in the program. Some individual courses may require greater proficiency in English.
- Students MUST also meet the following prerequisites to enroll in each individual course.
|Academic Speaking & Writing||none|
|Election Option: Leadership & Project Management||none|
Read the biographies of the instructors you will be learning from here.
Description:This course will provide students with key academic speaking and writing skills to successfully navigate the demands of university study. In this course, students will practice their listening and speaking skills through guided instruction and have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in persuasive arguments and presentations that they can expect to encounter in an academic environment. Students will also enhance their writing skills and learn how to maintain an appropriate tone and style for writing politely, professionally, and according to academic conventions. Students will learn effective strategies to self-edit and will gain confidence in their ability to compose effective graduate-level papers.
Recommended for: Students interested in pursuing a degree in the U.S. who do not yet meet undergraduate English proficiency requirements
Instructor: Linda Gruen, Ph.D.
Schedule: M, T, W, Th, F; daily meetings will be held sometime 08:00 – 18:00
Units: 4 (40 hours)
Description: Leading successful teams is a goal that every project leader can attain by understanding team dynamics, leadership styles, organizational culture, and psychological needs. This course will provide a holistic view of teambuilding and introduce the foundation of behaviors and skills needed to deliver efficacious happy high-performance teamwork.
Recommended for: Students interested in improving critical thinking and analytical skills
Instructor: Karen Nguyen, M.S.
Schedule: TBD – classes will be held sometime M-F, 09:00 – 18:00
Units: 2 (20 hours)
Contact us for more information or to learn how to shape your program.
Course availability and schedules are subject to change.