Work directly with UC Irvine’s Schools of Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Information & Computer Sciences, Engineering, and Physical Sciences to streamline your application and achieve your undergraduate degree without losing any time!
In addition to the program benefits in IUPP Zot! General Track, the specialized tracks include the following:
- An individually designed course of study with up to 36 units of undergraduate coursework in the specific major and related areas, transferable to the degree
- Pre-Academic Preparation Seminar
- Academic counseling from the School (Bio Sci, Engineering, Physical Sciences, ICS, or Social Sciences)
- Facilitated study groups/tutorial
- Connection to faculty in the specific departments
12-Month Program Guidelines for Zot! Specialized Tracks
|Minimum English Proficiency Score||Core Curriculum||Length of Study||Program Tuition|
Online DCE ESL Proficiency Test1
The DCE English Placement Test is administered upon arrival. The result of the test will determine the amount of ESL needed1
*Additional quarters of ESL available for fee
(additional quarters available for added cost)
|1Online DCE ESL Placement Test can be substituted with any of the following: At least 3 years of High School English with a B average; A minimum TOEFL score of 43 or 443; A minimum score of 4.0 on IELTS; A minimum score of 3 on the AP English language; A minimum score of 90 on Gao Kao or Hui Kao test; Completion of Level 4 or higher in UCI DCE’s 10-Week Intensive ESL Program; A minimum score of 30 on PTE Academic; Completion of A2 or higher on CEFR or ISE; A minimum score of 381 on TOEIC; or A minimum score of 2.5 on iTEP; SAT and ACT scores will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
2Biological Sciences and Engineering Tracks are only available in Winter, Spring, and Summer; Computer Sciences Track is only available in Winter and Spring.
Full-Time Study Requirements
A full-time course of study, in compliance with both UC and U.S. immigration requirements, is defined as:
- Minimum of 18 hours of ESL courses or 12 units of IUPP and undergraduate courses per quarter
- The maximum number of units allowable in this program is usually 12 undergraduate units per quarter. Students may take up to 16 units with special approval by IUPP. Additional fees will be charged.
- No more than 4 units or one course per quarter may be taken in an online format
To successfully complete IUPP, students must fulfill all program requirements, including maintaining program academic performance standards in ESL, IUPP, and UCI undergraduate coursework. Students may be dismissed if they fail to meet UC academic and/or behavioral standards: UC Academic Standards / UC Behavioral Standards. UCI Division of Continuing Education will monitor each student’s academic and personal progress. After each student signs the FERPA Authorization to Release Information to a Designated Third Party, UCI Division of Continuing Education may report student’s performance to designated recipients, including UCI Undergraduate Admissions, the admissions units of other US university campuses, and the student’s parents/guardians.
Note: IUPP does not guarantee admission to UCI or any other university.