IUPP General Track helps students gain a solid foundation of English language training and the opportunity to obtain university-level credit in advance, all within a structure of support from qualified UCI professionals.
Program Curriculum for Core Courses
|First Quarter*||Second Quarter||Third Quarter|
Intensive English Reading and Vocabulary (5 hours per week)
Intensive English Speaking and Listening (7.5 hours per week)
Intensive English Grammar and Writing (7.5 hours per week)
College Calculus– Part A (4 ceu’s)
College U.S. History – Part A (4 ceu’s)
College English Language and Composition – Part A (4 ceu’s)
College Calculus– Part B (4 ceu’s)
College U.S. History – Part B (4 ceu’s)
College English Language and Composition – Part B (4 ceu’s)
|*DCE Intensive English placement test is required upon arrival; Students who sign up for a 4-quarter General Track will have one additional quarter of Intensive English courses. Additional quarters are available upon approval for a fee.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To be accepted in our IUPP General Track, you as an applicant must provide the following documents:
- The Completed IUPP APPLICATION with a non-refundable $200 application fee.
- Copies of your official academic transcripts for the last four years of high school (Grade 9th – 12th) to meet our minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the UC’s A-G subject courses
- Copy of your high school graduation certificate or a confirmation statement issued by your high school with your expected graduation date and year
- Copy of your current passport page that shows your photo
- Copies of your or your sponsor’s financial statements (e.g., checking or savings accounts) that meets our financial requirements for I-20 issuance: $68,800 USD for 12 months
- Documentation for any educational gap between the graduation of your high school and start date of the IUPP program you intend to apply
- Copies of English proficiency proof that meet any of the following minimum test scores:
Gao Kao or Hui Gao
English Subject Test
61 for iBT or 500 for PBT
90 (out of 120)
110 (out of 150)
1. To send an official TOEFL test score, please select the institution code B166.
2. Students who transfer from our DCE 10-week ESL intensive program must successfully complete at least level 4 to be exempt from providing any English proficiency proof.
3. International applicants are exempt from submitting English proficiency scores if any of the following circumstances are met: 1) Your native language is English, or 2) You have completed high school in an English-speaking country for at least three years.
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IUPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IUPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing.
- Complete the online IUPP APPLICATION and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
- After you have been provisionally accepted into IUPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail. It will describe the IUPP registration policies and request the required Program Deposit of $10,000 USD to be submitted to IUPP within 15 days after the receipt of your Acceptance Confirmation letter.
(Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
- After you have signed the acknowledgement form that is part of your Acceptance Confirmation letter, and IUPP has received your required program deposit, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
- You will have 45 days to pay the balance of the program tuition and fees. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.
Yes, you can still apply. We evaluate every applicant based on several factors. If you think that you do not meet our minimum English proficiency requirements, we advise that you consider applying to our IUPP Fundamentals Track.
Yes. To attend this program full-time, you are required to obtain a student visa (F-1).
Yes. It is possible. Please Contact Us so we can better address your questions.
Students in the IUPP General Track may earn up to 24 quarters units. Credit value in quarter units is indicated in parenthesis after course numbers. One quarter unit equals two-thirds of a semester unit. Please know that each university / college admissions office holds the final determination of the transferability of the units a student earns in IUPP. Any Concurrent Enrollment courses offered in IUPP are equivalent to UCI courses.
IUPP is available for students 17 years and older, and students must graduate from high school before participating in IUPP. However, if your high school determines that you are able to graduate from your high school by attending IUPP in your senior year or Grade 12. You may be eligible to apply to our IUPP General.
Please visit PROGRAM DATES for available intakes.
For 9-month or 3-quarter IUPP General, the tuition is $39,800 USD
For 12-month or 4-quarter IUPP General, the tuition is $42,800 USD
Additional required fees per quarter are: $585 Student Health Insurance and $250 Student Services.
Please also note that UCI Division of Continuing Education also provides many student activities and support services for all its international students. Please visit ACTIVITIES for more information.
Yes. Please visit ARRIVAL & HOUSING for more information.
Note: Participating in IUPP is not a guarantee to admission of UCI or any other university.