Looking for an Excellent Pre-Masters or Pre-Doctorate Program?
Higher education at the graduate level (Masters and Doctoral Degrees) in a top U.S. university is considered by many international students a necessity for achieving their academic and career goals.
Navigating admission to these advanced degree programs, however, may be challenging for those unfamiliar with U.S. academic culture. Despite years of preparation in study and work in their home environments, many promising pre-graduate students are unsure of how and where to apply to U.S. graduate schools. Many have their applications rejected not because they lack the academic qualifications, but because they lack the specific skills needed for being selected.
The International Graduate Studies Preparation Program (IGSPP) prepares international students and strengthens their applications to meet admission requirements for high-ranking U.S. graduate programs. This comprehensive program also develops the advanced academic, professional, and communication skills students will need to succeed in their ideal graduate school.
Students enrolling in this program will be provided the U.S. equivalent of at least 6 months of full-time study. Both before and after their arrival at UCI, students will be advised by an academic advisor assigned to them who will carefully collaborate with the student to chart out a course of study. Applicants may choose from one of the following tracks of study:
- ACCESS Track:
Enroll in UCI upper-division undergraduate coursework to experience U.S. university-level courses and/or to fulfill the pre-requisites for application to a graduate degree program.
- ACP Track:
Earn a post-graduate certificate in a professional field and obtain working experience in a 3-month Internship to boost your résumé and interaction with business professionals in the U.S.
- Fundamentals Track:
- Develop a graduate school application plan and improve required academic test scores while mastering the academic English necessary to successfully complete a U.S. graduate program.
- Ph.D. Economics Track:
Strengthen your application for admission to a high-ranked U.S. Economics Ph.D. program while earning a Graduate Certificate from UCI’s Department of Economics. Enroll in first-year Ph.D. Economics offered by the department, earning letter grades in the courses under the same standards as matriculating students.
- Increased chance of being admitted to a top U.S. graduate program
- 30-hour GRE or GMAT and 30-hour TOEFL iBT test preparation courses
- 20-hour Academic & American Culture Course (AACC) at the graduate level, followed by a weekly Graduate Preparation Seminar (GPS)
- Extensive one-on-one advising from a qualified, dedicated academic counselor, including guidance with research and professional direction
- Introduction and application assistance to top U.S. graduate programs
- Academic English support, if needed
- Tutoring in English or university study skills
- Introduction to and interaction with the UCI campus, its prestigious faculty, its abundant resources, and its academic rigor
- Social events and excursions with other international and American students
Partial list of schools to which IGSPP students have been admitted:
- Arizona State University
- Chapman University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Drexel University
- Fordham University
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- New York University (NYU)
- Northwestern University
- Ohio State University
- Penn State University
- Pepperdine University
- Rice University
- Santa Clara University
- Syracuse University
- Temple University
- Tulane University
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Cruz
- University of Arizona
- University of Texas, Dallas
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois,
- Urbana Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- University of Washington
- University of San Francisco
- Virginia Tech
Note: IGSPP does not guarantee admission to UCI or any other university.