The UCI Division of Continuing Education encourages eligible international students to enhance their undergraduate experience by studying in ASAP for 1, 2 or 3 quarters. While in ASAP, students have the opportunity to enroll full-time (at least 12 units*) alongside matriculated UCI students in credit-bearing UCI undergraduate courses and UCI Continuing Education courses. Take advantage of this chance to become immersed in American university culture while supplementing your home university degree.
* Additional fees apply for enrolling in over 12 units.
- Study at a Top 10 U.S. public university.
- Learn from renowned UCI professors and accomplished professionals.
- Live in the safest large city (ranked by the FBI) in the U.S.
- Receive academic advising from a qualified, dedicated ASAP academic counselor.
- Build your network through meaningful interactions with international and U.S. American students, and UCI faculty and staff.
- Choose the length of your program and have the flexibility to extend.
- Earn credit that may be transferable to your home university. One copy of official transcript is included in program fees.
- Gain valuable knowledge and tips about adapting to life at UCI in our Introduction to American Academic Culture Course (provided before the start of UCI courses).
Sample of subject areas available to ASAP students:
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Criminology, Law and Society
- East Asian Studies
- European Studies
- Film & Media Studies
- Gender & Sexuality Studies
- International Studies
- Literary Journalism
- Planning Policy & Design
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Social Science
- + a variety of courses through the Division of Continuing Education, including Business, Marketing, Engineering and more!
Important Course Enrollment Information
ASAP students enroll in UCI undergraduate courses (excludes graduate level courses) on a space-available basis after all matriculated UCI students have been enrolled. Permission to enroll in a UCI undergraduate course must be obtained by the course instructor and/or department during the first two weeks of every quarter. Enrollment in any specific course cannot be guaranteed, so having a list of alternative courses is necessary to maintain full-time status (at least 12 units) each quarter. Economics courses and courses within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields are highly impacted, and receiving permission to enroll in these courses can be more difficult. ASAP students are not permitted to enroll in courses offered by UCI School of Law, Paul Merage School of Business, Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing and School of Medicine.
- Completion of one full year of university coursework prior to starting ASAP.
- Minimum GPA requirement – 3.0 on a 4-point scale (or 80% total cumulative average grade).
- TOEFL 90 iBT/577 PBT; IELTS 7.0; or equivalent.
For More Information:
Please contact us and our counselors will be happy to answer questions and determine the best path for you in our Academic Study Abroad Program!
International universities and colleges: Interested in becoming a partner with UCI Division of Continuing Education to provide your students with an exciting study abroad experience? Contact us.
Note: Participation in ASAP does not offer any preference in admission to UC Irvine or any other University of California campus.