Work in a full-time salaried position for up to one year on your student visa with Optional Practical Training (OPT)! OPT is granted through USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and allows students to gain a maximum of 12 months of paid practical work experience, while expanding and enhancing their business experience anywhere in the U.S.
Apply for OPT early in your final quarter of academic study. Our student services staff offers regular information sessions that include details on application procedures, advising, deadlines, and USCIS requirements.
- Acquire skill sets vital to your career path
- Continue to use and refine your English skills
- Seek an opportunity for full-time employment
- Enjoy financial rewards
- Network with local employers and professionals
- Work anywhere in the United States
- Enrich future training in graduate or professional school experience (e.g., MBA)
Students are eligible for OPT after 9 months of consecutive full-time study, which can be fulfilled by completing one of the following pathways: 3 ACPs or 2 ACPs + 1 Internship