Get the opportunity to work as a teacher in a real-world setting, take on workplace projects, earn academic credit, learn new skills and concepts, and make professional contacts!
Internships are unpaid positions lasting 3 months. TEFL Interns are paired with a Master Teacher in our Academic 10-Week ESL program and also participate in weekly Internship debriefings with an Internship Instructor. TEFL Interns can also participate in a variety of administrative-level tasks within International Programs for approximately 20-35 hours per week.
- Practice what you learned in your TEFL coursework in real English language teaching situations
- Develop your personal and professional teaching relationships and contacts as you are paired with a Master ESL Teacher throughout the entire program
- Improve communication skills and professional development
- Explore and develop career options
- Create a digital video portfolio of your internship experiences to aid in future teacher job placement
Step-By-Step Internship Process and Requirements
- Step 1: Attend an internship information session during the coursework phase of your TEFL program, or contact the TEFL Academic Coordinator of your intention to apply for the TEFL Internship
- Step 2: Submit a TEFL Internship Intention form within the first 2-weeks of the TEFL Certificate program
- Step 3: Submit letters of recommendation from 2 TEFL Faculty by the 5th week of the TEFL Program
- Step 4: Prove good academic standing by maintaining a minimum 3.75 GPA during the ACP TEFL program
- Step 5: Begin your TEFL internship immediately after completing TEFL Certificate coursework
- Step 6: Complete you Digital Video Portfolio after finishing your internship