Businesses and their operations have been greatly impacted by the continued growth in international trade and the growing opportunities for boosting sales, increasing market share and ROI, finding raw materials, and lowering costs in international markets. To compete in the global marketplace, professionals must learn the strategies, policies, norms and technology necessary to conduct international business, develop an overseas customer base and ultimately manage the international business operations. To be successful, business professionals must understand and develop the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the starting, or expansion of, international operations.
- Discover how multinational firms use the markets to manage investments, financing activities, and risk
- Explore how corporations adapt brands and products to meet the needs of global markets
- Learn to conduct business negotiations in various cultural contexts
- Develop and present a business plan for an international venture supported by research and sound financial calculations
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
The Certificate Program in International Business Operations & Management is designed for mid-level and senior professionals in small, medium and large organizations who are planning to manage the starting or expanding of their business globally.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
Students will be placed into a morning (9:00-12:00) or afternoon (13:00-16:00) schedule. Courses in the program are taken consecutively, completing one before proceeding to the next. Schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change. A final schedule will be provided on the first day of the program.