With a homestay arrangement, you will live with a local family, experience an American family lifestyle, and have an opportunity to practice your English skills on a daily basis. Homestay arrangements allow you to expand your cultural and educational experience, and gain exposure to American families of various racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups. Homestay housing arrangements are not one-size-fits-all. Choices include having your own room or sharing a room with another student; and choosing to eat some or all of your meals with your host family, or taking care of all of your own meals. Prices vary by company and services provided. If you are interested in homestay, directly contact one of the companies listed below for more information and pricing.
- Live with local families in a private furnished room with Internet access
- Learn about American culture and practice your English skills daily while developing lasting friendships
- Experience American families of a variety of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups
Applications must be submitted directly to the homestay company, and processed prior to arrival.
- Universal Student Housing (USH)
Phone: (310) 824-4908
- StudentLink International
Phone: (424) 250-0775
- American Homestay Network (AHN)
Phone: (888) 268-1903
- Worldwide International Student Exchange (WISE)
Contact: Susan Antonovits Phone: (949) 206-0496
The University of California, Irvine, University Division of Continuing Education, and International Programs are not affiliated in any way with, and we are not endorsing, any homestay agencies listed above. The above details are provided for informational purposes only. Students may select any company of their choosing and must make their own evaluation when selecting housing.