Thank you for your interest in studying at UC Irvine. The steps below include the application process for the International Undergraduate Preparation Program (IUPP). Before you begin, please review the Registration Policies & Deadlines for IUPP.
Step 1: Application Completion
Please download the Application Form and complete it.
Step 2: Include the non-refundable $200 Application Fee
Applicants must submit by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) a non-refundable Application Fee of US$200 when applying to the program. In order to ensure we are protecting sensitive credit card information, please do not send credit card information, including your personal account number, expiration date, and security code, via email. We kindly ask that any forms or documents containing any credit card information be sent via fax or mail or in person only.
Note: Applicants who reside in China should send their applications to our authorized Guangzhou Application Center. Please send an email to Mr. Ming Cai for more information.
Step 3: Application & Supporting Documents Submission
Please send the following application documents:
- Copies of official academic transcripts for the last four years of high school (Grade 9th – 12th) to meet the minimum GPA requirements below:
- IUPP Zot! General and Specialized Tracks: 3.5 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the UC’s A-G subject courses
- IUPP Fundamental: 3.5 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the UC’s A-G subject courses
- Copies of your graduation certificate (or confirmation of the diploma or degree you will receive, if not yet issued)
- Copy of your passport page
- Documentation for any gap between high school and start date of IUPP
- Copies of official English language test results (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent to be exempt from the Online English Proficiency Test; Note: To send an official TOEFL test score to University Programs, please select institution code B166.
- Proof of having sufficient funds to participate in IUPP
- US$64,800/9 months for IUPP General Track
- US$77,300/12 months for IUPP Specialized Track
- US$23,000/6 months for IUPP Fundamentals Track
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to IUPP. Applicants who are not accepted into IUPP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
Submit the completed application and supporting documents to the IUPP office. See Contact Us for contact information.
Step 4: Acceptance Decision Notification
After the UCI Division of Continuing Education approves your eligibility for IUPP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter will be sent to you. This letter is usually sent by e-mail and will describe IUPP policies and request the non-refundable Program Deposit of $10,000 USD (for Zot! General and Specialized Tracks), or $5,000 USD (for Fundamentals) required.
(Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
Step 5: Final Confirmation of Acceptance
After the UCI Division of Continuing Education receives your signed Acceptance Confirmation Letter and the Program Deposit of $10,000 USD (for Zot General and Specialized Tracks), or $5,000 USD (for Fundamentals Track), you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
After you have obtained your Student Visa, you will be expected to pay the balance of the tuition and fees before the Program Start Date. Confirmation of enrollment must include full payment of tuition and fees.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.