Thank you for your interest in studying at UC Irvine. The steps below include the application process for the Academic Study Abroad Program (ASAP). Before you begin, please review the Registration Policies & Deadlines for ASAP.
Step 1: Application Completion
Please download the Application Form and complete it.
Step 2: Include the non-refundable $200 Application Fee
Applicants must submit by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) a non-refundable Application Fee of US$200 when applying to the program. In order to ensure we are protecting sensitive credit card information, please do not send credit card information, including your personal account number, expiration date, and security code, via email. We kindly ask that any forms or documents containing any credit card information be sent via fax or mail or in person only.
Step 3: Application & Supporting Documents Submission
Please send the following application documents:
- Copy of official academic transcripts
- Note: Students must complete one full year of university coursework prior to their ASAP start date. If at the time of application, a student has yet to complete one full year of university coursework, the student can be conditionally admitted to ASAP. Official admission to ASAP will be granted upon receipt of an updated transcript that meets the requirements above.
- Letter of recommendation from a home university representative (i.e., faculty, academic counselor, study abroad advisor)
- Copy of English language test results.
- Note: To send an official TOEFL test score to University Programs, please select institution code B166
- Copy of your passport page
- Proof of having sufficient funds to participate in ASAP
- $27,600 USD (for 1 or 2 quarters)
- $40,600 USD (for 3 quarters)
UCI Division of Continuing Education reserves the right to deny acceptance to ASAP. Applicants who are not accepted into ASAP by UCI Division of Continuing Education will be notified in writing. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
Submit the completed application and supporting documents to the ASAP office. See Contact Us for contact information.
Step 4: Acceptance Decision Notification
After the UCI Division of Continuing Education approves your eligibility for ASAP, an official Acceptance Confirmation Letter (ACL) and Housing Application will be sent to you by email. The ACL will explain important ASAP policies and request the non-refundable Program Deposit of $5,000.
(Note: Students who are government-sponsored must provide an official letter of financial support in lieu of the Program Deposit and any additional tuition and mandatory fees to avoid any delay in the application process or enrollment cancellation.)
Step 5: Final Confirmation of Acceptance
After the UCI Division of Continuing Education receives your signed Acceptance Confirmation Letter and the Program Deposit of $5,000, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), Form I-20, and Welcome Packet. With the Letter of Acceptance and Form I-20, you will be able to submit a request for a student (F-1) visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area.
Please see Registration Policies & Deadlines for cancellation and postponement requests.